Monday, February 11, 2013

West Georgia BJJ Club in Full Swing!

          This has been an exciting week for my training.  A couple friends of mine have launched their very own local BJJ club here in West Georgia through the city recreation center!  (Facebook link)  To say the least, I am thrilled to have this opportunity to train locally in our small town without commuting anywhere.  So far in the first week we have a small number of "seasoned" athletes but a growing interest in the community.  I hope this explodes bigger than any of us could have ever imagined.
          With these events in mind my current training schedule looks something like this:

  • Monday - BJJ 8:00 - 9:30
  • Tuesday - BJJ 7:30 - 9:30
  • Wednesday - BJJ 7:30 - 9:30
  • Thursday - BJJ 7:30 - 9:30
  • Friday - Rest / Yoga Day
  • Saturday - Rock Climbing or Rest (pending how sore I am from other training)
  • Sunday - Rock Climbing 6:00 - 8:00
          I am not planning any competitions in the foreseeable future, but this schedule is of course subject to change pending my class / work schedule and such.  As far as my Dietary Plan, you can read about my most current Diet Plan in this recent post.  I started this plan about a week before the official launch of the BJJ club which I think was a good idea.  It allowed my body to adjust at a more steady pace.  Rather than diving head first in to a new training program and diet, I paced my body to allow it to adjust to the dietary changes before adding in the training.  However, I have had some difficulty sticking to the diet after introducing the training element.  I think that this has a lot to do with some external factors such as school load, stress, and looking / interviewing for a new job.  I don't feel like its worth throwing out the window since I've only been trying this diet for a couple weeks.  I want to give it a more honest try than that.
          I think that the way the macronutrients and insulin manipulation is set up will compliment my training very well; its just a matter of adjusting to it.  Also, as I stated earlier I am not planning on competing any time soon and that gives me a little more lenience   Not being "in-season" or in "training camp" I have a lot more flexibility to try/fail/try-again with different diet plans.  So, I'll be sticking to this one and am just chalking up the past week to various external and internal variants that affected my mood / appetite, etc... This is a time to keep on pushing and to enjoy this fabulous opportunity to just train for the sake of training and love of the sport.
         
Rock and Roll aint noise pollution, Rock and Roll aint gonna die - AC/DC
          --> Climb the rocks and roll on the mats --> life is good!



Follow me on Twitter @Savaged_Zen

No comments:

Post a Comment