Saturday, October 19, 2013

This Blog is Moving

     There have been several swings in the "publication" processes of how I write, title, and author my blogs.  Another is about to take place.  My first fitness-ish blog was justifiably titled "Fighting and Dieting."  With the UFC being all the rage these days and fad-diets always cropping up to fill someone's pockets; imagine the potential viewership I could have gained if I kept fanning that fire.  That blog was reincarnated in March of 2012 under this current title; "Confessions of an Open Source Athlete."  The title was a clever choice on my part.  I'm a huge fan of Linux (an open source) operating system.  In the simplest terms, I view my fitness training and nutritional information as being "open sourced."  That is, there is not one predominant authority, rather I'm open to input from a variety of "sources."  This not only includes nutritional information, training theory, but also the sports/events I've found myself training for (pretty much running the gamut from football to powerlifting to boxing/kickboxing to brazilian jiujitsu, to rock climbing, and training people all those and more.)
      The description of this blog reads "My view on fitness, nutrition, dieting, and athletic training are that they should be as individualized, customized, and unique as the people implementing them..."  I still hold firm to that view.  However, I feel that the blog was no longer serving those ends.  What happened was/is that as my own personal interests became more refined (specialized, and narrow), so did the types of things I wrote about.  Rather than sourcing out and seeking new material I was really only writing on two sports, Climbing and BJJ.  Posts on dieting were a bit more varied but not enough to trump the former in my opinion.
     As long as the Google servers hold, my earliest blog "Fighting and Dieting" still exists as an archive and that information is still available to the public here.  I plan to leave this blog active so that its content remains available.  Future posts that would have gone in this blog will now be included in my other one.  Consolidation is not such a bad thing, it seems kind of nice to have one thing and call it "mine"; rather than dividing my interests between two separate blogs.  Would you really look for fitness and nutrition information in a philosophy and psychology blog?  How "open" are your "sources?"  To see what I've been up to, you'll need to follow this blog through its next incarnation at Better Living Through Agony.

No comments:

Post a Comment