Monday, December 10, 2012

Off Season Week 1 - Climbing Update 10

12/3 - 12/9/2012

NOTES:
         This was a good week to start off my off-season training.  I feel like the schedule I set for myself will set up nicely with a ton of yoga, regular hangboarding, and a clean (but not too strict of a) diet.  Hangboard exercises this week were done on a simple 7/8" door frame.  Assisted pullups / reps were done with my feet on a chair.  Assisted hangs only require dragging my toes on the ground but trying to lift my knees while hanging and keep as much weight on my fingers as I can.


Monday:
Hangboard (unweighted)
          Holds:  4 finger crimp, 3 finger crimp, index-middle crimp, index-ring crimp
          Round 1 - 15 sec assisted reps x 15 sec; 30 sec rest
          Round 2 - 15 sec assisted hang x 15 sec; 30 sec rest
          Round 3 - 15 sec assisted (if needed) hang x 15 sec; 30 sec rest
Yoga - "BaptistePowerYoga3" from yogadownload.com (60 min)
          Background Music = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km5pxTDcVRQ
          *I could not do all of the poses so it actually only took me about 45 - 50 min

Tuesday:
Full Recovery Day - I didn't actually need a full rest day, just the circumstances of the day (final exams and work and such) kept my pretty go-go-go, so Sunday's scheduled Full Recovery will be swapped with Tuesday's (missing) Active Recovery.

Wednesday:
       This was one of the last days that the rock wall was open for the semester, so I enjoyed an hour or two of bouldering instead of my planned hangboard and yoga work.  It was well worth it :)

Thursday:

Friday:
Hangboard (unweighted) - 20 sec intervals w/ 1 min rest
          2 hands, 4 fingers open hand x 2 (unassisted)
          2 hands, 3 finger (I/M/R) open hand x 2 (assisted)
          2 hands, 2 finger (I/M) open hand x 2 (assisted)
          2 hands, 2 finger (M/R) open hand x 2 (assisted)
          2 hands, 2 finger (R/P) open hand x 2 (assisted)
          Right hand, 4 fingers open hand x 2 (assisted)
          Left hand, 4 fingers open hand x 2 (assisted)
          2 hands, 4 fingers open hand x 2 (assisted)
*This was a really good video, challenging, but definitely not too intense.  The instructor did an EXCELLENT job of explaining proper positioning for the  poses.  I bookmarked it, you should do the same :)

Saturday:
* I was feeling a bit strained from the last few workouts, just a matter of my core getting a lot of abuse.  I'm certainly enjoying the yoga workout and they seem to be a nice fit for the goals of my off-season training.  I did some very light yoga today before finding out that I need a bit of time to re-adjust to these types of workouts.

Sunday:



Follow me on Twitter @Savaged_Zen

No comments:

Post a Comment